I have another Festive tag for you today! This one was originally created by Hailey in Bookland . We have probably all been hearing these songs on loop for at least 18 days and after doing the Festive Christmas Book Tag why not do it 10 more times
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch” Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
Sal form Seven Blades in Black by Sam Sykes
Sal is not a good person. In fact she is just purely hellbent on revenge but damn it would I not follow her every step of her quests. I adored her and cant wait to read the sequel next year. I have a full review here
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You” Which book to you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
So I haven’t actually asked for any books this year. I pre-ordered most of the end of 2019 books I wanted and the rest will not find there way to me until 2020 (I need to get those pre-orders in) but I wouldn’t say no if Santa wants to bring me the 7th Rivers of London Graphic novel Action at a Distance
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
Hark from Deeplight by Frances Hardinge
Hark is the perfect example of this! This book is all about toxic friendship and self belief all set in an atmospheric spooky marine focused world. I really enjoyed this and have a full review here.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”
a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
Mia Corvere from the Nevernight chronicles by Jay Kristoff
She would be on the naughty list and relish every moment. Mia is a fantastic morally ambiguous character and I have loved her journey so far I just need to work up the courage to read the end.
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
Nova and Tam from Mooncakes by Wendy Xu and Suzanne Walker
These two are just precious and lovely and this was such an adorable read. I have a full review here.
5. “Frosty the Snowman” Which book just melts your heart.
Heartstopper Vol 1 and 2 by Alice Oseman
How could this sweet romance not melt your heart it is just gorgeous! It has that great heartwarming satisfaction and I could read it over and over again.
6. “Feliz Navidad” Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
Chainbreaker by Tara Sim
This takes us to a steampunk/clockwork version of Colonial India and it was fascinating. To have a fantasy set in this time during India’s history was very interesting. This series as a whole was great filled with diverse and interesting characters.
7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?
The Adventures of the Christmas pudding by Agatha Christie
This is a short story collection that is meant to evoke the full and satisfied feeling of a Christmas dinner. The story The Adventures of the Christmas pudding is great fun and really does have that Christmas feel, while Poirot tracks down a jewel their.
8. “Sleigh Ride” Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
I said Poirot in the Festive Book Tag so I will say the Weasley Family here. The Weasley family Christmas seems loud and hectic filled with family and food and fun and games. I think I would happily join them for Christmas.
9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside” Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
Beneath a scarlet sky by Mark Sullivan
Spoiler alert for my yearly wrap up but this was the worst book I have EVER read! I wouldn’t even think twice about giving it to the flames. Which is a shame as it is based on a true story but Sullivan just murders it with AWEFUL dialogue and over bad storytelling.
10. “Do you hear what I hear” Which book do you think everyone should read?
Oh this is such a hard decision as there were so many good books this year. I am going to reserve judgement on this one for the time being as I will say anything in my top reads of the year which I will post after Christmas!
If you haven’t done this tag I tag you and I look forward to reading your answers!