Interrupting the constant stream of reviews for a fun tag! This is an old one that originated with Girl reading back in 2015. I just thought the questions were fun.
1) A fictional family you would like to spend christmas dinner with?
I would actually like to have Christmas with Hercule Poirot. He revels in Handmade chocolates, fine french cooking, central heating and a good book. To me that sounds so relaxing! A real chill out Christmas. I also think Christmas with the Weasleys would be awesome but hectic!
2) A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
I would quite like a page anchor. They look like they would be good for keeping hardbacks open in my lap especially not that kittens like to climb in for a snuggle.
3) A fictional character you think would make a perfect christmas elf?
Peter Grant from Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovich. Peter is dedicated, and hard working, always diligent and I get the impression he would always go the extra mile to get the perfect gift.
4) Match a book to it’s perfect christmas song.
I think Carol of the Bells would match perfectly with the atmosphere of Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. A lot of the book is set in winter and the almost somber nature of this song just makes me think of cold snowy days. I could just see it sung on the Yale campus. The song itself is a little haunting in its tone and I think that matches nicely. I will be reviewing Ninth house very shortly so keep an eye out for my full thoughts.
5) Bah Humbug. A book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
Recently I was a little disappointed by Red Dwarf: Infinity welcomes careful drivers. I am a huge red dwarf fan and I was hoping that this would give me more insight into the characters, instead it was more of a rehash of the show with a bit extra at the end and that was a little disappointing. It was saved by Chris Barrie’s excellent narration
6) A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put on the nice list?
Kellen from the Spellslinger Series by Sebastien De Castell! This series has started to pick up momentum recently which I am so pleased about as I adore this series. I think Kellen is a fantastic protagonist and it has been amazing being on the journey with him.
7) Red, Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderfully christmasy feel to it.
A very Scalzi Christmas by John Scalzi. I just has to it just screams Christmas! This is filled with festive treats from one of my favourite authors and I think there would be something that everyone would enjoy. I have reviewed this here!
8) A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I love this book! I regularly return to the Circus. It is so atmospheric i just want to loose myself in the descriptions and explore the circus tent by tent. I would love to meet fellow Reveurs there too!
So there are my festive answers. What would you pick? I tag YOU!
I would love to chat all things bookish with you! You can comment down below or find me on Twitter or Goodreads!
One thought on “The Festive Christmas book Tag”